Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Strolling through the park one day...

This must have taken place sometime in the 30's, my mom's grandparents were a young couple at the time.  Ida, my grandmother, tells this story from one afternoon in Central Park;
They were walking through the park one warm afternoon and caught up to another young couple they did not know, walking in front of them on the path.  My grandmother reached forward and quickly goosed the girl.  The boy turned around and shot my grandfather a nasty look, as if to say "the nerve."  A few minutes later, my grandmother reached forward and goosed the girl again.  Fortunately, at this point there was a fork in the path, and my grandfather quickly led my grandmother the opposite way the other couple went.  He said to her, as the boy shot them another nasty glance, "Ida, I can't take you anywhere."

No comments: