Thursday, December 22, 2011

On the first day of Christmas that my District gave to me…

…I found these “Strangers among us” pictures.

You might have seen this picture before, but the reason it’s one of my favorites is because of the stranger that was just skiing past as my friend and I were doing the photo shoot.

Strangers, looking at the water flowing down a main street in Salt Lake during the floods of ‘83.

Sugarhouse panhandler that had a distinct limp and needed a crutch – when cars were around and he was working.  When the light was green and no cars were stopped his limp disappeared and he was stashing his booty in a pack on his nice, expensive bicycle.

Medieval sword fighting in Liberty Park.

What is stranger than someone purposely driving their $60,000 Porsche on a road made of salt?

“I’d like to teach the world to sing…”  Nope, not a modern day Coke commercial, they were watching UDOT move a bridge into place.  They built the bridge to cross I-215 in the area between the off ramp and the freeway, and then moved the completed bridge into place.  This disrupted traffic on 4500 South for a mere day, rather than weeks or months.

6 comments:

21 Wits said...

Okay...the first photo is so cool, but for some reason the others didn't load this first time...I'll try it again...but your story is priceless...in this wild and crazy time of strangers among us!..and I gave it extra time too, and even walked away and did some other stuff .....;)

Max Sartin said...

I do need to get a new computer for my web site. It's been running quite slowly lately.

Lisa Shafer said...

I've always loved that one you snapped of the panhandler. This is why I never give to those people; they're not the ones who need it. The Road Home is where the ones who really need the money are. And I'd rather give the money to the shelter -- where it'll be used for clothes and food -- than to a person who might use it for drugs or something else that's not really going to help their situation.

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Finally, I was able to load all of your pics!. I agree w/Karen.. First one has a lot of detail- love the angles.

Max Sartin said...

Sorry about the pictures taking so long to load, I'm going to have to figure out how to fix that. I'm glad you liked that first one, it's one of my favorites too. I have it framed on the wall in the dining room.

Bob Scotney said...

I'd pick the Porsche every time. The actual car I mean. Having been bowled over by people on skis with wheels in Norway in summer I never had the nerve to try the real thing.